|Season 1, Episode 15|
|Air date||November 7th, 1997|
|Written by||P. Kevin Strader|
|Directed by||Hugh Martin|
|All Connected||The Big Little Visitor|
Summer Cooler is the fifthteenth episode of the first season.
It's a hot summer day and Bear and everyone else in the Big Blue House are taking it easy. Bear receives a checkers set in the mail and plays checkers with both Pip and Pop and Treelo. To his surprise, they win handily, despite never having played the game before. They seem to have developed a wild move to take all of Bear's checkers in a single flurry of jumps. Pip and Pop also beat the heat by hanging out at the Otter Pond. They're later joined by Ojo, Treelo and Bear, but Tutter has own way of staying cool. He's created his very own Club Tutter in the kitchen, using the sink as a swimming pool. After a happy conversation with Luna, Bear says that "any time you feel like playing a game of checkers, you know who to call", turns off the light and leaves.
- What's in the Mail, Today? (Music and Lyrics by Dave Kinnoin and Peter Lurye)
- In the Middle of the Summer (Music and Lyrics by David Yazbek)
- Bear states in this episode that his favorite drink is wild berry soda. Tutter, on the other hand, enjoys a "cheesarita."
- The dog in the Shadow Projects logo in the closing credits makes a "beep beep" noise like a car honking its horn.
- In the next two episodes, In the Middle of the (whatever the season is) will go to A Winter's Nap.
- In this episode, instead of the Big Blue House night scene, the camera fades to Bear coming to the attic to turn the light on as much as to usually say "ah, the attic". There are four close-ups of him in the Luna segment of this episode.
- The checkers game will be seen again in the kitchen in nest year's episode When You've Got to Go!.
Any goofs? Request some goofs from the episode in the comments.
No photos yet.
Watch the episode now.